|Category||Finance & Accounting|
About the Role
We are looking to hire a Senior Accountant on the Global General Ledger Team that will play a critical role in the month-end close process. You will get the opportunity to work on a multitude of projects and streamline processes and will become a subject matter expert in processing accruals across multiple financial statement line items. This person will act as a cross-functional business partner to implement automation and create improvements to optimize the month-end close. You will work in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
What You'll Do:
• Prepare and review journal entries and account reconciliations for various GL accounts
• Analyze monthly variances across GL accounts and investigate discrepancies
• Collaborate with Global Business Service (third party service provider) team to automate and streamline processes and review work product
• Partner closely with financials statement line item owners and business partners from various departments
• Lead process improvement and automation initiatives
• Enhance existing processes and internal controls, perform and maintain assigned internal controls
• Support external audit activities and ongoing internal audits
• Execute special projects and complete other ad hoc assignments as required
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field
• Minimum 3.5 years of professional experience
• Public accounting and / or working within high-tech corporate environment
• General ledger accounting knowledge
• Prior Big 4 audit experience and/or CPA
• High attention to detail, critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills, combined with a good business judgment
• Experience with large-scale accounting systems (Oracle preferred)
• Team player, self-starter, with ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal skills, and positive attitude
• Experience reviewing work of others, including outsourced service providers
• Strong understanding of GAAP and public company audit requirements
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills (V-Lookups, Pivot Tables, etc.)
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).