About the Role
As a product designer on Uber Freight, your number one job is to tackle user problems. You will work closely with product managers, engineers, data scientists, and UX researchers to iterate and build a usable, useful, and delightful experience that your team can launch! You'll engage across all stages of a project, using your skills in concepting, prototyping, service design, information design, workshop facilitation, and user research. As a T-shaped designer, you have at least one area you're an expert in but can handle a broad range of tasks from preparing assets for engineers to leading sprints.
What You'll Do
• Own design problems end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond
• Design systems to make simple, elegant experiences based on our complex logistics and machine learning technology
• Build wireframes, prototypes, and visual designs based on our UI framework to tackle difficult UX problems
• Obsess over the details of the interaction, visual, and motion design
• Work with product managers to define requirements, not just translate them to design
• Identify future opportunities, working as a key thought partner to your counterparts in product, engineering, and ops
• Partner with our UX research team to better understand the needs of our customers
• Collaborate and iterate with your design colleagues to help raise the bar on the whole Uber Freight experience
• Partner closely with engineers to understand technology capabilities, build your outstanding designs, and achieve high quality shipped product
• You will ship, measure, and improve your designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
• 3+ years of professional hands-on experience
• Established experience as a product designer
• Ability to tackle complex user and design problems
• A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI and UX work
• Effective prototyping skills
• Deep knowledge of building products for Android, iOS, and web
• A track record of shipping phenomenal experiences: You've weathered release cycles and know what details matter at each stage
• Interest in qualitative and quantitative data. You care deeply about grounding your decisions in real data, marketplace needs & norms, and business OKRs.
• Expertise at developing and conveying ideas clearly in a written and visual format - making business concepts and data visually engaging
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).