About the Role
As Uber continues to expand its services and technologies around the world, the Business Development team is looking for a strategic dealmaker to grow our U.S. & Canada partnerships portfolio. This role will be heavily focused on partnerships that drive growth through third-party platform partners with our Uber for Business and Uber Direct solutions. In this role you'll be responsible for recruiting, signing, and onboarding strategic partners across key B2B verticals. You'll help define the ecosystem of potential partners & develop the value proposition for how Uber can add value to the partner and the prospective customer. This role will require a combination of strategy development with more tactical project-based activities.
This is a highly cross-functional role, as you will collaborate across internal teams including product, legal, finance, compliance, policy, marketing and operations.
This is an individual contributor role as a member on a high performing team. You will own your partnerships end to end.
What You'll Do
• Identify, prospect, and close new channel partners across key verticals on behalf of our Uber for Business and Uber Direct offerings.
• Source, negotiate and execute deals as well as own responsibility post-contract for success of the partnership
• Develop and drive channel strategy in concert with Product, Business Operations, Legal, Marketing, Strategy & Planning, and Finance, including opportunity sizing and resource prioritization
• Evaluate strategic partnerships and initiative opportunities by performing a range of quantitative and qualitative analyses. Demonstrate strong quantitative skills by building financial models that unlock the best ROI for your partnerships. Track, analyze, and communicate key performance metrics to internal and external stakeholders
• Envision new ways that strategic partnerships can positively impact core business objectives by applying creativity and business acumen
• Lead strategic and complex negotiations to completion, engaging cross-functional teams and ensuring alignment across teams on deal terms
• Drive post-contract accountability by managing your partner deals through a process that ensures cross-functional alignment and execution. Interface and serve as a point of contact for external counterparts and beyond up to C-level executives, alongside seasoned BD professionals for complex deals and relationships.
• Understand and communicate market opportunities, market requirements, and partner feedback to cross-functional team to inform product roadmap and prioritization
• You will be measured by your ability to (1) drive revenue and user growth (2) deliver seamless and magical experiences for our consumers, (3) influence product roadmap for new revenue streams.
• 5+ years of experience in business development, strategic partnerships, partner management, or similar roles at a technology company
• 6+ years of experience in business development, strategic partnerships, partner management, or similar roles at a technology company
• You have an excellent ability to think strategically and analytically about business opportunities, as well as a strong record of driving high-value operationally based partnerships
• To succeed in this role, you will need a keen sense of responsibility, entrepreneurial drive, and an ability to inspire
• Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
• Experience with establishing, maintaining, and leveraging C-level relationships at partner companies
• Ability to fuse business, strategy, finance, and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals
• Strong product instincts and ability to identify opportunities for Uber to leverage partners' existing and in-development products, as well as the ability to collaborate with Uber's Product, Operations, and Engineering organization to build world-class features for our users
• Ability to work cross functionally, lead priorities and succeed in a highly matrixed organization
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Experience working with channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach
• Experience bringing and scaling new and emerging products/business lines to market. Ability to build innovative product experiences and go to market models.
• Experience working with technical stakeholders and leading partner integrations (e.g. API)
• Possess a deep understanding of the complexities around products and technology integrations
• Experience working with gig-economy companies
• Strong contacts in eCommerce and/or Travel & Hospitality
• Analytical mindset and track record of using data to inform strategy
• Ability to challenge and influence various partners across organizations
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).