About the Role
At Uber, providing world-class customer support is a core feature of our product experience.
In the Central Safety, Risk and Compliance (SRC) team in Community Operations, we build trust with customers and enable business growth for Uber, by delivering a compliant platform and the best-in-class safety and risk support in EMEA.
We're seeking a Strategy & Planning Lead to advise the team with long term strategy and tightly govern the operations and programs. You'll need to pick up vague issues that perplex our program leads and bring clarity to chaos. You'll have a bird's eye view into multiple programs with the aim of creating more clarity on where we should go, help define what success is and stir the ship to get there.
What You'll Do
• Set the strategy - Work closely with and advise our program leaders the Head of Safety, Risk and Compliance and other SRC program leads on topics ranging from specific analyses to multi-year visions; Drive strategic and operational planning processes; lead planning sessions within and outside of SRC
• Governance - Design and maintain a mechanism to track program status, flag issues and propose solutions and SRC governance structure and operating model to ultimately drive a smooth running system to continuously improve performance and enforce accountability
• Program management - Manage projects when the subject matter expertise is required across SRC or resource constraint in rest of the team; Step in for other program leaders on team management and decision making a temporary basis when needed
• Team enablement - Be the keeper of the Org: drives the vision for the organizational structure and team engagement; Build general tooling and resources to enable project management work (e.g.repository of key project decks, play book of internal processes, project mgt templates, learning and development resources); Coordinate central SRC team with SRC program specialists who are located in the Center of Excellence (COEs)
• 8+ years of experience of deep, hands-on management of functions that included combinations of the following: business operations, analytics, project management, strategic decision making - Highly autonomous, with strong critical thinking and able to make decisions or influence key decisions and get buy-in from stakeholders; Understand/able to work smoothly with senior leaders and inspire changes; Shows strong ownership / pro-activeness, willing to challenge/debate with his/her honest opinion
• Organization and planning - Effectively translates business unit goals into an operational plan / roadmap; Sets stretching targets and motivating goals for team(s) ; Love structure, discipline, and systematic solutions by nature
• Stakeholder management - Quickly understand a sophisticated and senior stakeholder network (in terms of their goal, motivation, priority, concerns, ways of working); Establish expertise, credibility, and a reputation for reliability with cross functional stakeholders; Anticipates positive and negative sentiment that may arise across multiple teams and coordinates efforts appropriately, proactively
• Problem solving - Passionate about Safety, Risk and Compliance topics, and ability to effectively resolve issues that involve people, things, and processes; Identifying the root cause of a problem as opposed to focusing on the symptoms.; Learns fast and excellent at use common sense to untangle seemingly complex / new problems; Relentlessly renovate and optimize
• Comfortable working in a geographically distributed and cross-functional, multinational environment
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.