About the Role
Our Growth Programs team is focused on driving short and long term growth for the business. Where a new product or service is showing strong signs of growth, we will build and run EMEA-wide, and sometimes global, programs to drive rapid expansion and growth. As a team we also focus on identifying and testing potential growth opportunities for the future, scoping and incubating new levers. Where we see promising results, we will set up larger scale programs to expand!
Hailables (Taxi, Auto and Moto) represent a multi-billion growth opportunity for Uber, and are a key priority for the rides business in the next 3 years. Incorporating Hailable Products into the Uber platform is a crucial part of our vision to be the single solution for all mobility needs. You will join the team program team that manages the Hailable portfolio across all our mega-regions: EMEA, APAC, LatAm, US & Canada.
This is a highly strategic role with exposure to stakeholders across all levels, up to executive leadership for the Uber Mobility business.
What you'll do
• Define the vision and program strategy for the three Hailable products across all mega-regions: APAC, EMEA, LatAm and US&C; in conjunction with regional, global and cross-functional leadership
• Work closely with our Strategic Finance teams to build and manage the Program level P&L; define long-term financial strategy and identify levers for revenue growth and cost reduction
• Lead the annual Growth Bet planning process and quarterly stage gate review process to ensure sufficient focus and resourcing for the success of the Program
• Identify opportunities for inorganic growth through partnerships and M&A in the Hailables space; in collaboration with Business Development and Corporate Development teams
• Lead the global third-party strategy and expansion workstream for Hailables, including but not limited to Autocab expansion globally within Uber
• Enable ops and S&P teams globally in growing the Hailable footprint by providing access to best practices and support in refining country-specific strategies
• Collaborate with larger Central Ops and other Program teams on scaling projects of mutual importance
What you'll need
• At least 8 years of proven experience in Operations and Strategy coming from industries such as management consulting, technology, investment banking and/or marketing.
• Expertise in P&L management and ownership for a fast growing business; demonstrated ability to work on financial planning, forecasting and profitability improvement is highly preferred
• Experience with identifying, building and improving operational processes at scale
• Master problem solver; develops new frameworks for complex problems where no standards exist today and engages other experts for feedback and integrates it effectively
• Strong stakeholder management skills with experience working with senior partners and cross-functional teams in large organisations in developing and operationalising initiatives.
• Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through excellent analytical thinking. Experience in manipulation of data sets and data interpretation.
• Strong communication and comfortable sharing information formally or informally with senior audiences. Able to articulate a clear vision and areas of strategic focus.
• Excellent planning and organization skills.
• A degree in BA or MA. Preference for: Economics, Business, Management, Engineering or Law. Preference for MBA
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.