Scaled Operations Manager, Growth
About the Role
Uber Eats Japan is looking for a highly talented Scaled Operations Manager who will create a scalable account management program focused on topline growth and increasing overall lifetime value of our continuously growing base of SMB restaurant partners.
This role is responsible for building out a scalable framework for our Restaurant Operations and Sales teams to help our SMB restaurant partners utilize our continuously evolving restaurant product suite to sustainably grow their top line on the Uber Eats platform. Core responsibilities will include building out internal tools and processes, launching new restaurant products, team and individual KPI/target setting for the Sales team, and analytical work to identify key growth opportunities for the business and support our Sales team's ad-hoc analytical needs. The candidate will work closely with the Sales and Community Operations teams to drive execution of their go-to-market plans.
What you will do
• Build and execute on growth initiatives and special projects as part of our scaled account management program
• Data analysis and dashboarding for Restaurant Ops, Sales, and other cross functional partners
• Rollout new products and services with our SMB restaurant partners, including primary ownership of our Marketing Tech product suite to help restaurant partners sustainably grow their topline
• Collaborate with regional and global peers to implement operational best practices from other markets, and share success stories from Japan to other markets
• Drive continuous 'business as usual' operational improvement to impact core business metrics, including ownership of individual and team OKRs.
What you will need
• A proven track record: You'll have 3-5+ years of operations experience in a dynamic environment, ideally with operational and analytical experience.
• A proven ability to look at problems creatively: Deliver outstanding results to the most complex problems, by identifying issues and being able to clearly identify impact.
• Outstanding analytical and operational skills: You can develop meaningful insights from complex data. You have experience with data analysis, data manipulation, and data visualization tools.
• A self-starter who thrives in ambiguity: Launching a new business model isn't easy, and there isn't an existing plan for you to follow. You are able to manage and deliver end-to-end projects with autonomy.
• A willingness to 'get into the weeds' and a continuous improvement approach: You won't get it right on day 1, or week 1, or month 1... However, by being in the details and deeply understanding all aspects of the merchant experience, you'll be best placed to advise and/or execute on improvement opportunities.
• Excellent Communication skills: Native/Business level English is a must, Business level Japanese is strongly preferred but not required
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.