The Uber Freight team is building a better future for shipping. We believe that when shippers and carriers have the freedom to move together, the entire industry moves ahead. The Design team is comprised of UX Research, UX/Product Designers and Comms Design. UX Research helps Uber Freight understand our customers, identify unmet needs of users, and verify the solutions we produce. The UX/Product Designer creates the solution that meets the business goal and makes sure to prioritize the customer. The Comms Design team is responsible for all the brand and marketing design of public-facing material.
About the Role
As the first Senior Product Design Architect on Uber Freight, you will help ensure that we have a holistic approach towards an exceptional suite of products that make up the Uber Freight ecosystem for Carriers, Shippers, Facilities, and our Operation teams. Your insights will surface opportunities to connect their workflows more seamlessly and to reuse similar experiences when appropriate. Your work will ensure our overall system design is flexible and scalable to easily incorporate new service lines and other functionality in the future, ideally without significant rework. You will work with product design managers, product managers, engineers, data scientists, and UX researchers to build your solutions. The individual will report directly to the Head of Design and Research at Uber Freight while collaborating with the broader Uber Design organization to incorporate company-wide solutions into our system when appropriate or contribute our solutions back into the company-wide system design.
What You'll Do
• Establish a system design vision and roadmap for Uber Freight.
• Identify use cases for platform design and work with stakeholders to make solutions a reality.
• Create a framework to document platform solutions and guidelines on our internal team page.
• Work closely with UXR and Product Designers to ensure platform solutions effectively meet the needs of key personas.
• Work closely with Content Design to ensure system terminology is easily understood and consistently used.
• Form partnerships with the central Uber Foundations team and identify collaboration opportunities.
• Advise teams on solving architecture problems on a smaller scale within their product areas.
• 7+ proven professional experience crafting enterprise or SaaS applications with significant emphasis on information architecture, visual explanations, and systems-level thinking
• A portfolio showcasing strategic design work at enterprise scale and provides details of your project roles
• Ability to tackle complex system design problems
• Comfort with ambiguity and a collaborative process for defining problem spaces
• Ability to quickly understand and explain the ramifications of design decisions
• A track record of shipping phenomenal experiences: You've weathered release cycles and know what details matter at each stage
• Experience with grounding decisions in quantitative and qualitative data
• Strong at developing and conveying ideas clearly in a written and visual format - making business concepts and data visually engaging
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).