\\---- What You'll Do ----
As an Uber PE Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of production engineers (PEs). You will develop plans and set objectives with your team, negotiate engagement details with your development partners, and organize the work of your PE squad.
You will provide normal management services to your team, including career development, coaching, mentoring, performance evaluations, developing promotion cases, and other managerial responsibilities
Your Squad of PEs will be responsible for the list below and you should be familiar with all of the work.
• We implement observability (measurement, monitoring, and alerting) of services/platforms
• We design and lead the deployment and operational processes of the services/platforms we support
• We develop reliability tools and frameworks for use by all engineers
• We work with development partners to shape the architecture, design, and implementations of new and existing systems to enhance their reliability performance, efficiency, and scalability
• We share on-call responsibilities with our dev partners and lead incident response and no-blame postmortem analysis and review
• We drive efficiencies in systems and processes: capacity planning, configuration management, performance tuning, monitoring, and root cause analysis.
• We help development teams use infrastructure more effectively
• We are on point for capacity planning and to help teams anticipate and prepare for growth
• Experience leading SRE/PE teams in FB, GOOGLE, Twitter etc
\\---- Basic Qualifications ----
• 5 Minimum Years of Experience with managing teams and Reliability Engineering
• Grit, drive, and a deep feeling of ownership.
• BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline. Equivalent practical experience is a reasonable substitute.
• Experience in the Linux environment and a good understanding of its fundamentals and internals: filesystems and modern memory management, threads and processes, the user/kernel-space divide, etc.
• A good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring, and storage systems.
• Working knowledge of the TCP/IP stack, internet routing, and load balancing.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).