The Uber Freight team is building a better future for shipping. We believe that when shippers and carriers have the freedom to move together, the entire industry moves ahead. The Strategy & Planning team is responsible for three main areas. First, we provide research and analysis to inform the overall shipper/carrier/ops strategy, service expansion, go-to-market, and product strategies at Uber Freight. Second, we create and manage Uber Freight's financial budget, which includes overall team OKRs, headcount plans, and hiring cadence to support our growth. Finally, we support and manage core reporting analytics, key business metric definition and monitoring and business health deep-dives.
About the Role
The Senior Strategy & Planning Associate will be building something new - standing up our Product Finance function for Uber Freight. In this role, you will be the main bridge between the Product, Marketplace and Finance teams, partnering closely with the Product / Tech org to set financial targets, track progress, build strategy and lead ad hoc analyses. The ideal candidate for this role should be a self-starter who is excited to build this new, high impact function, and eager to work with a variety of stakeholders, from Product to Finance / Strategy to leadership. They should have excellent communication & presentation skills, strong financial modelling skills, great time management & organizational skills, and an inquisitive & analytical mindset.
What You'll Do
• Be Product's go-to business partner for strategic / financial advice and ad-hoc analysis (e.g., product sizing, business case building). You will tell stories through data and insights, develop financial forecasts and apply business judgment & financial insights to assist with decision making.
• Lead strategic and financial planning & forecasting for product (e.g., Bi-Annual Planning, OKR tracking), and evaluate organizational and strategic tradeoffs in team planning.
• Become a Marketplace expert, owning key forecasts and long-term planning on our most important marketplace metrics, working closely across both Product and Ops.
• Sophisticated, exec-level presentations and analysis. You will build slide decks from scratch that will convey the strategy and performance of the business's product efforts that will be presented to Freight leadership and the CEO and CFO of Uber. The analyses and presentations will be critical to making sound business decisions and moving Uber Freight's business forward.
• Think strategically / critically about the business AND execute. The financial models and presentations we build aid decision making and strategy, but executing on the initiatives is where the rubber meets the road
• Project manage. There will be numerous & varied projects based on priorities. You will need the ability to own projects from start to finish, ensuring cross-functional teams are delivering high-quality results quickly and on time.
• Experience in an analytical, strategy, or product management position
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders
• Strong financial modelling skills, with ability to balance complexity with usability
• Experience building high-stakes, executive presentations that take complex strategy, analyses, and results and simplifies it into clear, logical frameworks and takeaways
• Self-starter and eager to jump into complex, strategic projects
• 4+ years experience in an analytical or strategy-focused role
• Ability to handle highly confidential information with sensitivity and integrity
• Ability to synthesize information in a concise, well-organized way
• Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior management
• Experience working with tech / product organizations
• Transportation experience not required, but should have an interest in learning the unit economics, competitive dynamics, and role our industry plays in the US economy
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).