*About the Role **
If you are interested in making a direct impact to the company's bottom line, join the Ad Tech team. Uber is on track to spend hundreds of millions of dollars in marketing in 2019. A 10% improvement in ROI on this spend saves the company hundreds of millions of dollars and directly speeds up the company's path to profitability. Help us build the software systems that will make this happen. The team is still in its early stages, so you can drive products from inception to adoption and further iterations.
What You'll Do
• Build and work with real-time services along with batch data pipelines that track and attribute ad spend to actions that Uber users take (e.g. take rides, eats orders, etc.).
• Work on systems that will use advanced machine learning techniques to optimize spend within different channels
• Build real time systems that can handle millions of TPS in sub 10ms latency
• Build systems that detect ad fraud and help us eliminate ad networks that are only here to rob us of our money.
• Build systems that get us free traffic (SEO and content) instead of having us pay other ad networks for it.
• Build systems that will help us target the right kind of potential users.This involves working with datasets that are world population scale (billions of rows).
What You'll Need
• Architecture: Knowledge of data structures and an eye for architecture. You can discuss the tradeoff between architectural choices, both on a theoretical level and on an applied level.
• Strong coding/debugging abilities: You have advanced knowledge of at least one programming language, and are happy to learn more. Our core languages are Python, Golang and Java.
• Big data: Experience with Distributed system such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Vertica is preferred.
• Data pipeline: Strong understanding in SQL, Database. Experience in building data pipeline is nice to have. Love getting your hands dirty with the data implementing custom ETLs to shape it into information.
• Fast learner: We're looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
• A team player: You believe that you can achieve more on a team -- that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
• Design and business acumen: You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you're working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
Bonus Points: If you have prior ad tech experience!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world. We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit come work with us and let's move the world forward, together.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.