|Category||People & Places|
In People & Places, we handle all things people-related so our employees around the globe are empowered to do their best work. Our Talent Acquisition teams find, attract, and hire the world's greatest minds to join Uber.
About the Role
In this role, you are the go-to person who will advise hiring teams and build the recruitment strategy to deliver an outstanding recruitment experience.
We are looking for a Principal Recruiter to support multiple business lines and scale events based hiring across North America. You will partner with sourcing and hiring managers to build teams across our dynamic region, and inform on hiring strategy to hire the right people for every job where they can make the biggest impact. You may also have the opportunity to work on strategic projects to improve and innovate how we attract and recruit the best talent because we know that there's always a better way!
What You'll Do
• Proactively solves complex issues and shares the best methods with manager and team
• Considers wholistic data that underpins hiring decisions and strategies accordingly
• Effectively interprets own and immediate teams metrics analytics to build process improvements (e.g. high conversion ratios)
• Confidently handles objections from candidates and business and is a diplomatic and confident advisor to all parties involved
• Deeply understands the businesses they support and advises on team structure, leveling, and potential implications of a hire
• Builds an inclusive and objective hiring process and ensures that candidate is assessed against the appropriate competencies
• Autonomously develops and implements innovative sourcing strategies across teams
• Is an active mentor to other members of the team and is able to effectively ramp new joiners to be effective in their jobs
• Role models Uber behaviors and the recruiting craft
• Minimum of 6 years of professional experience
• Bachelor's degree in Business, HR, Communications or similar preferred
• 8+ years of experience in recruiting
• Experience with ICIMS or other ATS
• Experience in full-cycle technical recruiting in a fast-paced environment
• Previous events hiring experience is a plus
• Experience interpreting data and using it to influence hiring decisions
• Has partnered with a wide variety of clients, including senior-level business leaders and seasoned professional candidates
• Has experience hiring in an organization focused on cultivating a diverse workforce
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).