|Category||Finance & Accounting|
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Accounting team builds scalable, controlled processes and products for Global Accounting, Treasury, and FinTech that enable our business to operate efficiently.
About the Role
We are expanding and looking to hire highly motivated Senior Accountants for our Global Accounting Teams that will play a critical role in month-end close processes. You will have the opportunity to work on a multitude of projects, streamline processes, become a subject matter expert in multiple financial statement line items and provide solutions to issues identified. This person will act as a cross-functional business partner to implement automation and create improvements to optimize the month-end close. You will work in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Multiple Open Positions in Operations, Revenue, Intercompany and Lease Accounting.
What You'll Do
• Prepare and review journal entries and account reconciliations for various accounts
• Analyze monthly financial results and variances across accounts and investigate discrepancies
• Develop and analyze financials and KPIs of various reporting metrics across business units, segments and regions
• Train and oversee activities of Offshore teams
• Collaborate with Global Business Service (third party service provider) team to automate and streamline processes and review work product
• Partner closely with financial statement line item owners and cross functional business partners
• Lead process improvement and automation initiatives
• Own and perform internal controls documentation. Enhance existing processes and internal controls
• Support management in completing special projects as assigned
• Support external audit activities and ongoing internal audits
• Create efficient end to end processes
• 3+ Years of Professional Experience
• • Public accounting, audit and/or working within high-tech corporate environment
• High attention to detail, critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills, combined with a good business judgment
• Experience with large-scale accounting systems (Oracle preferred)
• Team player, self-starter, with ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal skills, and positive attitude
• Experience reviewing work of others, including outsourced service providers
• Strong understanding of US GAAP and public company audit requirements
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills (V-Lookups, Pivot Tables, etc.)
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).