On the Rides Engineering team, we write code that ignites opportunities for millions of people every day. We're focused on making Uber's core ridesharing products faster, safer, and more reliable by building scalable software solutions for riders and drivers on our platform.
About the Role
The Rider Verticals teams are building Uber's latest brand-new products and services that look to re-define and expand just what it means to \"Uber\".
Today ridesharing and \"Uber\" is predominantly seen as a solution for getting from A to B on-demand and in the moment. We are rapidly expanding our group with like minded technical pioneers that are excited on how we can reshape the minds of our customers, and get them to use Uber for more use-cases and moments than ever before.
We operate as a large, well-funded startup within Uber, and we are responsible for growing Uber's business and adjacencies rapidly. Our teams have a range of 0 to 1 big bold bets, to more mature and large scale platforms that power our rides business.
What You'll Do
• Design & Engineer our latest product solutions and platforms from inception through to delivery at Uber scale.
• Your ideas get to shape the direction and strategy in solving some of Uber's hardest problems, you'll have a key seat at the table in how we turn ideas into magical solutions for our customers.
• Work through multi-functional partners across Uber teams to drive consensus and ship your features.
• Collaborate and brainstorm with peers including Engineering, Product, Operations and Business partners
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• Strong experience w/ either Obj-C and/or Swift
• 1+ years of professional experience building in either mobile platform/sdk/dev tools, or mobile consumer facing features
• At least two (2) years of software engineering experience
• Strong problem-solving and architectural design skills
• Previously worked on mobile apps that scale to millions of users.
• Proven experience working on consumer-facing products
• Proven experience with driving cross-team and multi-functional collaborations
For Colorado-based applicants: Please refer to this role in our careers page for more details on your total compensation and benefits package. You can get there by clicking 'apply' if you're not already on our careers site.LI-Remote
For Colorado-based roles: The salary/hourly rate range for this role is $123,930 per year - $137,700 per year. You will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award, commissions, & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).