|Category||Finance & Accounting|
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Accounting team builds scalable, controlled processes and products for Global Accounting, Treasury, and FinTech that enable our business to operate efficiently.
About the Role
The Senior Analyst, Financial Risk Management will be focused on coordinating and building a world class financial risk management program, through the strategic design and implementation of a financial controls program to respond to risk across existing and emerging products at Uber, specifically related to Revenue and Partner Payments. The successful applicant will work closely with various product teams and business process owners, Uber's Internal Audit team and external auditors to manage financial risk by facilitating an effective and efficient control environment.
What You'll Do
• Work with control owners to evaluate, design, develop and implement effective and efficient financial controls
• Work with process owners/business functions to improve the efficiency of the control environment through implementation of automation or process improvement
• Build and maintain flowcharts, narratives and control documentation for key financial processes, specifically related to the Revenue and Partner Payments pillars
• Build and maintain relationships across Finance and the wider business, Internal Audit, external audit and other external partners to drive effective financial risk management
• Understand and manage existing and emerging risks through early detection and adopt preventative measures to manage them
• Work closely with the FRM IT teams to bridge gaps between IT controls and business controls, including automated controls and appropriate system scoping efforts (ITGC).
• Provide control related support and training for the team to help mitigate financial risk through fostering an effective controls environment
• Implement new processes and controls in response to changes to the business environment, such as: new product introduction, system enhancements, acquisitions, internal process changes and reorganization
• Work closely with our external auditors to ensure the controls are successfully positioned under SOX compliance
• Oversee the controls testing provided by 3rd party service providers over the in-scope products as required through management's testing and work with the business partners to timely address the identified control gaps
• Bachelor's degree (Accounting, Finance or Economics preferred)
• 3+ years of audit (internal or external), controls, compliance or risk management experience
• Experience managing, monitoring and remediating deficient financial controls, specific to Revenue (including ASC 606) and Partner Payments
• Big 4 accounting firm, management consulting, and/or internet/ technology industry experience
• Demonstrated project management experience (PM certification a plus)
• Process management experience, including process redesign and optimization
• Working technical knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting requirements, SOX requirements, including PCAOB Auditing Standard No. 5
• Experience with Oracle or another large-scale ERP
• SQL knowledge a plus
• Strong organization skills with an ability to plan and perform multiple tasks
• Ability to analyze complex processes to identify potential financial, operational, systems and compliance risks across major finance cycles
• Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form across a wide array of internal and external partners
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects concurrently
• Ability to thrive in environments of uncertainty
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).