|Category||People & Places|
A successful Immigration program is a key element in the rapid expansion and global growth at Uber. We need someone passionate about Immigration and Process Improvement to help execute the program's strategic vision and drive operational excellence in a booming and ever changing environment. We'll need you to have both strategic and hands-on US immigration experience, as well as experience working with a large, high-growth company.
About The Role
The US Immigration Program Manager will be a key member of our Global Immigration team, reporting to the US & Canada Immigration Manager. This is a highly collaborative, dynamic and growing team looking to deliver transformative, efficient and high-quality service. The immigration team's mission is to provide world-class customer support to employees and internal stakeholders. Delivering this caliber of support isn't easy - it takes someone who can understand Uber's operations, adapt to our constantly changing business, and help proactively solve problems where no solution currently exists. The right person leverages data to support and drive decisions in a high-stakes, high-speed environment and is able to manage projects with minimal oversight. You strive to provide memorable customer experiences, are passionate about scalable solutions and process simplification, and love getting in the weeds on any and all issues.
What You'll Do
• Own key elements of Uber's US immigration program including, not limited to, PERM, J-1 and H-1B program.
• Own the University Recruiting relationship to support student and intern populations and develop Uber's Talent Pipeline.
• Manage Uber's Canadian immigration program.
• Manage global and regional projects from inception to implementation.
• Proactively strategize and manage risk mitigation of new legislation for US & Canada with all key stakeholders.
• Partner with and drive external immigration vendors in the US and Canada to simplify immigration processes.
• Identify and drive the metrics as well as process improvements to innovate the program and increase speed, efficiency, quality, while automating and reducing overall program costs.
• Bachelor's degree
• 5+ years of immigration and project management or data analytics experience & a compliance mindset.
• In depth working knowledge of all US visa categories with a special emphasis in H, F, J and PERM programs.
• Strong experience with M&A and the ability to manage transitions related to M&A activity independently and quickly.
• Ability to manage, with a positive attitude and agility, multiple priorities and meet deadlines in stressful situations with minimal oversight.
• Attention to detail with an eye for accuracy and discretion while working with highly confidential data. Experience absorbing/retaining and understanding large amounts of data.
• Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication. Able to quickly prepare concise and clear communications for different audiences covering complex issues.
• Experience working independently but contributing within a team environment.
• Working knowledge of Canadian immigration.
• LEAN or Agile management experience.
• Background in I-9 processing and compliance mitigation.
• Experience working with iCIMS, or other applicant tracking systems.
• Worked with JIRA or any in-house ticketing system.
• Understand Google Workspace working style.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).