About the Role
Marketing Data Solutions team is a cornerstone for Performance Marketing team focussing on how to use 1st and 3rd party platforms to build impactful datasets out of our elemental data. This role will put to use your technical skill set working with Data technologies with a strong ability to understand the business impact of the data.
We are looking for an intern who is a proactive thinker, willing to work in an agile, fast-paced environment. The candidate should be excited to work with large quantities of data, make sense of it and simplify the data to non-technical users. that data. Should be willing to work with different stakeholders like marketing, engineering, applied science and product teams. Proactively identify new areas of improvements that will help improve the tools, data quality, reliability and marketing productivity.
What you'll do
• Understand our marketing event data to participate in suggesting platform improvements and understanding data complexity and how it can be better managed.
• Be able to query or parse through big datasets using HIVE, and are a SQL expert.
• Provide support to internal marketing and engineering stakeholders on all data related queries including data quality, isolating and diagnosing the problem and resolving the issue.
• Excellent communication skills to help guide non technical stakeholders.
• BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics, Advertising, Marketing or other disciplines with demonstrated technical exposure.
• Passionate about working with large volumes of marketing data and being able to piece stories together.
• Beginner level experience in working with large volumes of data, problem solving and communication with senior team/organization members.
• BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics, Advertising, Marketing or other disciplines with demonstrated technical exposure
• Beginner level skills and comfort with using tools such as Excel, SQL, Python for data exploration
• Understanding of with Tableau or other dashboard building tool (Visualising the data for customer understanding)
• Ability to communicate technical concepts in a manner that is easy for marketers and non-technical partners to understand and vice versa
• Comfortable taking ownership of projects and showcasing key accomplishments -- collaboratively and autonomously
• Willing to get outside the comfort zone and work cross functionally across teams.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).