About the Role
This role will join our Chief Accounting Officer (CAO) Development Program (DP) as part of the Uber Finance team, and is geared toward individuals who are new-to-career (no prior experience) with a passion and interest for learning a broad spectrum of finance operations, accounting, reporting, finance technology skills and beyond.
You will be part of a cross-functional team (CAO Organization) supporting the business through Accounting, Accounts Payable and Receivable, Finance Risk Management, Finance Technology, Global Business Services, Payroll, Strategic Sourcing, Travel & Expense, Treasury, and more. This Program will kick-start your career at Uber by learning first-hand from seasoned business partners while being exposed to the scale of a global technology company.
The CAO DP is a two-year rotational program providing a breadth of accounting, core financial, and analytical skills. During the program, participants will receive experience in their chosen area of the CAO organization, which will serve as an excellent foundation for a career in accounting, finance, and/or corporate business. The program is based at our San Francisco, California, headquarters or our Dallas, Texas, hub. Upon completion, CAO DPs will have the opportunity to apply for a non-rotational role within Uber.
So if you're ready to go deep, work on a rewarding set of challenges and seek exposure to the breadth of businesses, functions, and skills - we would love to hear from you!
What You'll Do
• Work closely with an Uber subject matter expert (SME) to gain an understanding of your assigned function and its importance to Uber.
• Apply accounting/business knowledge to perform daily functions.
• Utilize critical thinking and fact gathering skills to create analyses that assist with decision making.
• Utilize Uber's systems/tools to analyze financial data.
• Engage with business partners across Uber to support business objectives and develop an understanding of the business.
• Other responsibilities may vary based on specific teams.
• Bachelors in Accounting, Business, Finance, or a related field, or, currently enrolled in a Bachelors program with anticipated graduation in Winter 2021.
• Less than 2 years of Accounting/Finance experience.
• Ability to independently research and resolve complex problems where analysis requires the in-depth evaluation of numerous factors.
• Strong Google Suite and Excel skills.
• Exceptional communication skills, growth mindset, ability to take ownership and execute.
• Demonstrated strong work ethic, attention to detail, and experience working on a team.
• Enthusiasm and passion for learning new skills and tools.
• Demonstrated adaptability and creative problem solving.
• Leadership positions in extracurricular groups or activities.
About the Team
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world. Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing[ this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).