About the Role
As a Product Manager on the Uber Grocery Delivery Experience team, you'll play a key role in transforming Uber delivery into a flawless experience that lets customers get anything they want from local merchants. Customers demand that their orders arrive accurately, on time, and with minimal intervention on their part. To accomplish this, you will define and execute the product strategy to ensure that items are available and that merchants and couriers are always ready to successfully fulfill every order we send them. Today, we're focused on the grocery, convenience, alcohol, and pharmacy sectors, but this team has broader ambitions to expand into plenty of other long-tail verticals in the future. You will be working with a broad set of cross-functional stakeholders across business development, sales, operations, data science, design, engineering, and more.
What You'll Do
The opportunities to evolve the delivery experience for new verticals are myriad, and we are only just getting started. This is a representative sampling of the areas you might be tackling on the team:
• Ensuring accurate real-time availability of millions of items through application of data science and development of feedback loops between merchants, customers, and couriers
• Optimizing our courier onboarding and training funnel to empower couriers to pick, pack and deliver new types of orders - starting with grocery and scaling to all verticals
• Creating new ways for merchants to fulfill customers orders, including scheduled delivery and click-and-collect
• Collaborating with our regional operations and sales teams to deeply understand the merchant, courier, and consumer pain-points related to fulfillment - and then devising and executing product solutions to solve them
• Minimum 3-5 years experience delivering successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them
• Technical savviness. Can manifest in different ways: a computer science undergraduate degree, hands-on software engineering experience, or experiences building complex software products side by side with engineers. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal
• Attention to detail. The ability to obsess over every single part of the retailing process
• Customer obsession. The ability to take on complex product challenges and find elegant, simplifying solutions to avoid making them our users and partner's problems
• Finger-tippiness with data. You find a way to get the data you need and whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage this data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis
• A \"Driver\" mindset. You are biased toward action, a great collaborator, a master disambiguator/simplifier, and constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
• Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on
• A high bar across the board -- from your own contributions to the people you work with, to the products you work on
• A true passion for Uber's mission, our products, and the company's hybrid technology/operations nature
• A never-ending desire to grow and learn
• Experience building products from 0 to 1
• Experience in the grocery, retail, CPG, or e-commerce industry
• Experience launching products side-by-side with data science teams
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).