About the Role
Uber is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our US & Canada Rides Operations team. If you love managing complex projects and multiple cross-functional partners, and solving problems from both 30,000 feet as well as deep in the details, this is the role for you. The ideal candidate will excel at solving complex problems, managing multiple work streams and engaging with stakeholders so as to deliver on key business goals that ensure regulatory compliance and unlock growth.
We're generating vast amounts of data every day. We use this data to inform everything we do: ensure balance in the marketplace, identify ways to continually make the Uber experience better for drivers and riders, deploy incentives and promotions, understand customer behavior, develop and launch new product offerings, and more. Operations Managers are responsible for developing functional business strategies, such as how we comply with regulatory requirements, build and scale processes, manage local markets and identify operational weaknesses.
What You'll Do
• Develop analytical frameworks to support the company in business decision-making
• Identify business priorities such as growth opportunities or operational weaknesses and help drive the team's strategy and improve or innovate processes
• Build, maintain, communicate, and present detailed reporting at city, regional, and mega-regional levels
• Present models, findings and insights to senior management to drive business decisions
• This role demands excellent stakeholder and project management skills, as well as the ability to both plan and execute projects of varying time horizons and scope with minimal guidance
• Collaborate with local and other Central Operations teams, as well as policy, legal, marketing, product, and other functions, to ensure that insights inform broader critical initiatives
• This role demands strong stakeholder and project management skills, as well as the ability to both plan and execute projects of varying time horizons and scope with minimal guidance
• Own functional business strategies as well as local market strategies, and your team will be responsible for monitoring, correcting, and executing business processes
• Bachelor's degree required
• At least 3 years of demonstrated experience
• Data-first problem solver with excellent Excel / data management skills
• 4-7 years of experience in strategy / consulting / business intelligence or related experience
• SQL experience a plus
• Some high-growth operations, tech, or startup experience is strongly preferred
• Outstanding communication and organization skills
• Clear communicator
• Strong, demonstrated leadership capabilities
• Self-motivated, works well independently and possesses strong organization and time management skills
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).