|Category||Sales & Account Management|
|State||District of Columbia|
About the Role
We're looking for a Business Development Representative to support our Uber for Business public sector sales team. This high-impact position will provide sales support to Account Executives through the development of qualified leads that result in achieving our business goals. You will be calling upon and developing relationships within our target accounts.
If you're looking for career growth, this role will serve as a training ground for a pathway into an Account Executive position with proven success.
You'll be responsible for conducting outbound prospecting campaigns (both call and email). Your day-to-day job will be developing a rapport with contacts in an effort to understand where the prospect is in the buying cycle. Working with the Account Executives, you'll ensure that the leads provided are accurately qualified and will progress through the sales funnel. This involves gathering key information to update our Salesforce system and identifying next steps for Account Executives to connect with these prospects.
What You'll Do
• Generate new business opportunities to fuel the pipeline in an assigned vertical or territory and partner with assigned Account Executives
• Outbound prospecting via cold calling, email, and marketing campaigns
• Hit assigned Key Performance Metrics that are not limited to, but including 25 outreaches per day and at least 25 Sales Qualified Leads (SQL's) per month.
• Uncover a prospect's business challenges and identify relevant new business opportunities, while highlighting the Uber for Business value proposition
• Conduct high-level conversations with senior executives at targeted accounts
• Develop an in-depth understanding of Uber, industry trends, and competition
• Lead, supervise, and report on all sales activities and results using Salesforce
• Work closely with sales management to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities for new business
• Collaborate with the sales team to share standard methodologies and make recommendations to more optimally close sales and ensure customer dedication
• Work optimally with internal departments to deliver the best solution for the client and ensure a magical experience
• Travel to attend trade shows or other client meetings when requested or vital
• A history of consistently exceeding meaningful metrics and activity targets.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to acquire the vital information from the prospect, while also ensuring a mutually beneficial conversation
• Excellent organization, project management and time management skills, and ability to take initiative
• At least 1 year of B2B sales/business development experience
• Experience with Sales platforms, Salesforce, Outreach, Salesloft, Chorus, Groove etc
• Comfortable with Sales prospecting tools, LinkedIn Sales Nav, Zoom Info etc.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).