About the Role
The Uber Eats Merchant Owner and Manager Experience team is responsible for building tools and capabilities to help owners / managers of businesses, both small and large, operate and grow their businesses on Uber Eats. To achieve this goal, we provide a wide variety of functionalities ranging from account management to creating / managing menus to powerful analytics / insights into performance of the business to connecting with eaters to rolling out / managing loyalty programs and more.
Within this organization, we are building a brand new team who will be responsible for building mobile apps (for the Android and iOS platforms) which will allow millions of merchant owners and managers across the globe to access these capabilities anywhere / anytime and run / optimize their businesses while on the go. This initiative is an important part of our strategy for the continued success of our $50B business.
As the engineering manager for the team, you will help us bootstrap this initiative / team and take ownership of all things mobile, including brand new mobile only features and functionalities. You will also get a chance to collaborate with other engineering leaders across the merchant organization (and beyond) and will be part of the engineering leadership team for Uber Eats Merchant organization.
What the Candidate Will Do
• Build and lead a team of mobile engineers, establish the team culture & processes and mentor & grow individual team members.
• Lead technical discussions and guide the team towards making the right technology choices.
• Ensure we are working on the right problems, building the right solutions, and executing quickly & effectively.
• Partner with product, data science, design, product ops, and other engineering teams to craft a compelling roadmap.
• Ensure a delightful user experience, high quality of delivered features and maintain a high quality codebase.
• Be the subject matter expert for all things mobile within the Merchant organization and beyond.
• 2+ years of experience leading and growing a high performing engineering team. Strong track record of creating growth opportunities for engineers on the team and developing future leaders via mentoring and coaching.
• 3+ years of experience building mobile applications (iOS and/or Android). Strong understanding of mobile engineering principles (ie. design patterns, best practices, and performance considerations).
• Strong people leader and collaborator who can partner closely with cross-functional team members and other teams throughout the organization to drive key initiatives forward.
• Proven track record of leading teams to successfully execute multiple parallel work streams and ship high-quality product features on schedule.
• 5+ years of experience building mobile applications (iOS and/or Android).
• Experience with a variety of iOS and/or Android frameworks and a proven ability to assess tradeoffs to make an objective choice.
• Experience designing well-architected mobile apps from the ground up.
• Expert understanding of app analytics, debugging and monitoring tools, multithreading, networking, and push notifications.
• Strong analytical ability to understand how merchants use our app and design hypotheses & experiments to optimize usability and user experience.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).