About the job
Reporting into US&C Central CommOps, the Program Leader for Employee Engagement will work with the CommOps Leadership team & HR Business Partners to deliver the best in class employee experience program that touches all aspects of the employee lifecycle from onboarding to retention. The leader of this team is responsible for developing, implementing, and running employee experience programs that drive engagement, recognition, well-being, and diversity & inclusion across the CommOps organization impacting 1200+ employees. This team supports a diverse set of projects and programs that enable the US&C Community Operations team to continue to foster a great company culture.
The ideal candidate for this role should have strong project management leadership experience, excellent time-management and organizational habits, the ability to clearly communicate and present information to gain consensus, and manage change while able to deliver against key projects & initiatives.
What you'll do
• Work directly with leadership and HR on large initiatives that impact employee engagement through all stages of an employee's lifecycle - attracting and recruiting talent, onboarding, development, recognition, and retention.
• Be attuned to the specific needs of Uber's culture, identify root causes of engagement issues, and collaborate with leadership, managers, and HR team to implement programs that address concerns and strengthen Uber's culture
• Organize internal and external office events, team trips, meetings and outings including vendor selection and negotiation
• Partner with Workplace, IT, People and Security staff to make sure the team's needs are being met and to create exceptional employee experiences and events
• Establish and maintain a budget management system for CommOps, including monthly spend on employee engagement and morale initiatives.
• Champion our culture, company mission, vision, purpose and values to internal and external audiences
• Build hybrid workforce experiences that enhance our culture, build empathy and the connection between employees
• Create team and org-wide communications on events and initiatives using various formats including internal communications and marketing
• 5+ years of program/project management in people engagement, organizational development space
• 2+ years of experience leading a team, coaching, mentoring, and developing employees. Experience managing a partially remote team is a plus
• Bachelor's degree
• Strong organizational and project management skills with ability to lead cross-functional projects
• Strong communication skills and ability to interact professionally and efficiently with internal and external partners.
• An outstanding problem solver who is solution-oriented and has a genuine interest in helping build culture and engagement
• High energy, enthusiasm and professionalism
• Experience in service-industry, customer support, consulting in a high-volume and very fast-paced environment
• Ability to balance attention to detail with swift implementation
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).