About the Role
The Content Creation team sits within the US&C Central Community Operations (CommOps) organization, and is responsible for crafting and implementing internal and external support content: Help Center, Agent Knowledge Base, Saved Replies, and Automations Content. In this role, you'll lead a team of 30+ individuals who are responsible for creating and delivering high-quality content on time across all lines of business. You will partner closely with the US&C Program teams to ensure Content supports business initiatives and elevates the customer experience. Further, you will partner with the Global Content team to help define strategy & improve processes to improve content.
If you're someone who knows how to manage a large and complex team, stays calm under pressure, and are an enthusiastic change agent who enjoys working through challenges we'd like to hear from you.
What You'll Do
• Set the vision and oversee the operational and strategic roadmaps for the US&C Community Operations Content team
• Lead, motivate, and develop content strategists and content managers; indirectly lead a team of 30+ content specialists
• Ensure that the team delivers on Content KPIs; accountable for quality, compliance, content governance, and consistent and timely delivery of projects
• Set vision for large-scale content audits and critical initiatives
• Partner with Global Content team to deliver pivotal initiatives
• Share and implement standard methodologies across mega-region content teams
• Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders across CommOps and the broader Uber organization
• Oversee team hiring, onboarding, coaching, and performance management
• Oversee staffing and resource allocation; anticipate and proactively mitigate staffing risks to ensure coverage for all business needs
• Develop best-in-class team culture and establish a positive and collaborative working environment
• Partner with relevant teams to champion and implement people policies that impact your team
• Champion professional development opportunities for direct/indirect reports
• 6+ years of leadership experience in a content-focused role managing people managers
• 8 + years of experience in writing/editing or content-strategy role
• Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Advertising or other communications-related field; or equivalent experience
• Deep understanding and demonstrated experience leading content operations and strategy in a fast-paced digital environment for a broad user audience
• Experience leading and running large teams (30+ reports)
• Experience with content design, information-architecture concepts, and CX content best-practices
• Experience with Customer Support content or other direct-to-consumer digital content strategies
• Experience setting the vision for and being responsible for editorial-review calendars
• Advanced familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style; demonstrated experience working with in-house style guides
• Experience working within multiple Content Management Systems
• A demonstrated ability to manage effectively, set team goals, and develop people to their highest levels of performance
• Passion for coaching, leading, and developing teams
• Experience defining, tracking, and reporting on content metrics; ability to communicate this effectively to the team
• Sophisticated communication; respectful negotiating skills
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical chops
• Organized and process oriented for the long view; capable of burst capacity and ability to shift quickly between projects when necessary
• Ability to be a Uber brand and voice standard-bearer and advocate
• Grace and patience in Uber's fast-paced, evolving landscape
• Previous experience working in global-local business
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).