About the Role
At Uber, providing world-class support to our partners (riders, drivers and restaurants) is critical to our success. Building the capability of our support teams to consistently deliver elevated levels of service is challenging and complex - and incredibly satisfying!
To support our mission, we're looking for a Community Specialist Development Project Manager to work alongside our Global Community Operations team to build and provide strategy, and structure for the development needs of the org. This multifaceted role requires critical thinking and proficiency to establish and scale a learning strategy and deliver extraordinary learning experiences to our US&C teams. From onboarding to employee and leadership development for various roles within our organization - individual contributors through to first time managers - responsibilities are ultimately to drive a leadership pipeline for career advancement. We are looking for an expert with a history of developing and managing programs related to people management, stakeholder & project management, communication and core business skills.
This role is all about building a world-class employee and leadership development foundation for all of our employees and we need a strategic leader with a desire to innovate and collaborate who can do this with us.
What You'll Do
• Consult, partner and collaborate with regional Community Operations leadership, HR, and key stakeholders and Community Specialist Development peers in other regions to execute on the responsibilities of the role
• Identify and analyze learning needs related to employee and leadership development and set the vision and priorities of key projects and initiatives
• Design and deliver core development programs aligned with employee and leadership best practices and Uber values and competencies and earn stakeholder trust through commitment to work, outcomes, and partnership
• Create program implementation strategies for regional development needs. Asks difficult questions and proposes unconventional creative solutions to strive for resolution and outcomes.
• Understand global initiatives and localize deployment and change management plans for regional teams, ensuring alignment with the global Community Specialist Development strategy and best practices
• Evaluate effectiveness of development initiatives through well constructed evaluation strategies to measure, monitor and validate impact; refine solutions and course correct as needed
• Understand and analyze source data comprehensively, and quickly generate high-quality, accurate and relevant insights and recommendations for regional and global stakeholders
• Solve problems independently, and work creatively through challenges to overcome obstacles and connect with others, regularly without direction
• Develop best practices on employee and leadership development to distribute across teams and implement in the workplace
• Be a passionate advocate for your regional Community Operations organization by owning the end-to-end engagement, deployment and change management strategy for Community Specialist development
• Be available to work a flexible schedule and travel as necessary to meet the demands of the business
• 4+ years of experience with facilitation of all levels of employee and leadership development programs
• Bachelor's degree in a learning/leadership or HR focused program, or 3 years experience in a learning/leadership or HR role within a corporate setting
• Passionate about helping people learn and grow
• Exceptional communication, project management, and management capabilities
• Depth of experience applying leadership and management theories
• Demonstrated ability to partner and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders
• Master's degree in a learning/Leadership or HR focused program
• Customer Service industry background
About the team
The Global Community Operations Learning & Development Team and Community Operations organization are the driving force behind our customer support. These teams are focused on ensuring we're delivering business driven results, and that those supporting these efforts are properly prepared.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).