About the Role
Uber Freight's mission is to simplify the movement of goods to help communities thrive. Freight industry is the lifeblood of the economy. Trucking is essential to keep our economy healthy and stores stocked not just with the everyday essentials we need but also with a lot of mission critical supplies.
We're looking for passionate iOS developers to join Uber Freight's Marketplace team, a cross-functional group in which Backend, Android and iOS engineers work collaboratively to design and build products for carriers to simplify their booking experience on our Mobile App. Our primary product is a mobile application that helps Uber Freight's goal of automating the freight industry by giving carriers the ability to book their own loads and control their own schedules. We are acarrierobsessed team, and care deeply about our users and continually look for opportunities to improve their lives. Since launch, we've changed the lives of thousands of carriers across the country, liberating them from the opaque brokerage process, and offering transparency in pricing and scheduling.
We are doubling down on improving the carrier experience by combining the power of core carrier experience and marketplace levers that will result in better efficiency, utilization, and network effect of the Uber Freight marketplace.
What the Candidate Will Do
• Work closely with Data Scientists, Product Managers and Designers to define a rich experience for carriers on Uber Freight App.
• Lead development of delightful & innovative in-app solutions to improve pricing, booking, service quality, and overall experience for carriers.
• 2+ years hands on experience with Android development
• Strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences
• Experience analyzing a feature in production using analytics and experiments
• Experience collaborating on projects and working efficiently as part of a team
• Experience with open source libraries like Retrofit, RxJava, Dagger 2, Lottie
• BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).