Engineering Manager II- Global Growth
Consumer Growth works on varied and interesting challenges that cut across the user experience. Embrace freedom and autonomy to find opportunities to improve our products. Focus on improving and developing our products for a global audience. Learn from and collaborate with people and teams across many systems and areas. Help define a vision and lead a motived group of caring, fast moving people. Deliver excellent experiences to users at high scale.
What You'll Do
• Directly own an engineering team passionate about learning and iterating with velocity
• Challenge engineers to design innovative, highly-scalable, and robust systems
• Build trust and foster a collaborative team culture
• Build a strong brand and be able to attract and retain talent.
• Strategize and influence the product vision and roadmap in collaboration with the product and business team
• 2+ years of experience managing engineering teams
• 4+ years of relevant engineering experience
• A strong ability to architect and design robust, high-scale systems and to challenge engineers to think bigger and more generically in developing their solutions
• A well-developed ability to grow leaders, both engineers, and managers
• A strong business sense and ability to challenge and partner with product managers and business stakeholders
• Excellent communication and analytical ability. We need someone who can quantitatively analyze the business value of engineering decisions and articulate a narrative about their importance
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.