|Category||People & Places|
About the Role
We're looking for an Accommodations Program Manager responsible for managing the Reasonable Accommodation (ADA) process for our employees and leaders in US & Canada. This role is tasked as the subject matter expert to support employee issues related to medical conditions, such as leave of absence and job accommodation requests. The Accommodations Program Manager is responsible for the development of the program strategy, operations, and management for the region.
You will partner with Benefits, our external Leave Administrator, Uber's HRBPs, HR Generalists, and the employment legal team on employee accommodations as well as manage and engage in the interactive process. This role currently oversees two individuals who support employee accommodation requests, administration, and daily operations.
What You'll Do:
• Serve as subject matter expert to employees, managers, and Uber internal teams regarding the LOA process and ADA job accommodations for US&C
• Partner with Uber's Benefits team and external Leave Administrator to administer a comprehensive leave of absence (LOA) and workplace accommodation (ADA) function in compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations, and Uber policies.
• Ensure a positive employee experience in response to requests through managing a caseload of LOA and open accommodations requests
• Facilitate and engage in the ADA interactive process - including consulting with internal and external providers and departments to understand job requirements, individual disability limitations, and feasibility of requested accommodations
• Build & Enhance Disability Enablement across the organization through employee, manager, and HR training & awareness
• Develop and enhance leave and accommodation management workflows, policies, procedures, and communication strategies
• Produce and analyze reports and metrics to identify trends, discrepancies, and potential areas of function improvement
• Provide leadership and operational oversight of third party leave vendor
• Minimum of four (4) years of professional experience required
• Preferred three (3) years of prior experience in Leave Administration and Accommodation Administration
• In-depth knowledge of Title VII, ADA, ADAAA, multi-state disability programs, FMLA Expertise, SDI/VDI policies
• Understanding of the interactive process to balance the needs of the employee, the business, and required compliance matters
• Has partnered with a wide variety of clients, including senior-level business leaders
• CLMS and/or CPDM Certification preferred
• Experience with Workday, ServiceNow, and/or JIRA is a bonus, though not required
• Proven effective stakeholder management and collaboration with teams to deliver a consistent employee experience
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).