About the Role
Uber's marketing teams play a critical role when it comes to establishing deep connections with the markets and communities we operate in today. This is a unique opportunity to be a leading member of Uber's growing Social Media/Content team, where you will be at the heart of our business impacting millions of people in Japan. The Japan Social Media Marketing Manager will be responsible for delivering on our overarching social media/content strategy, build social plans, manage campaigns and deliver world class campaigns for Uber's owned channels in Japan.
You will report into the Head of Marketing, Japan and work cross-functionally with across APAC & global marketing teams to develop, execute and support Uber's overall content strategy.
• You can drive brand awareness and turn customers into brand ambassadors.
• You innately know how to tell the compelling story of a brand
• You understand how to build and bring communities together, both online and off. You're a connector by nature, a creative at heart and constantly seeking ways to innovate in the digital space.
• You love to know what's happening in the world and are passionate about creating meaningful dialogue.
What the Candidate Will Do
• Develop a deep understanding of regional priorities (business targets, brand strategy, user segmentation) to be thought partners with brand & other marketing team members.
• Build a long-term, cross-platform content strategy for Uber Eats and Uber Taxi in Japan based on the global & country marketing strategy while capturing local insights & nuances in the narrative.
• Manage internal and external agencies to create and deliver culture shaping and community driving content - posting, tagging, promoting, geo targeting and reporting.
• Manage influencer strategy, to create holistic strategy which grows the brand consistently, and execute the plans based on the defined strategy.
• Leverage our exclusive partnership/sponsorship/influencer content and elevate the brand's presence across all social channels
• Work closely with the global social team & cross functional stakeholders to ensure performance tracking, KPI measurement, data analyses and reporting
• Manage and coordinate localisation of relevant global content, as well as create bespoke local content in partnership with global stakeholders.
• Identify uniquely local marketing opportunities aligned with business priorities (major events, partnerships, seasonal moments etc) and deliver relevant campaigns or activations.
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or related discipline. Advanced degree is a plus.
• Minimum 8+ years in marketing (client, agency, or social media platform) with a successful record of delivering work with measurable business results, on time and on budget
• Minimum 4+ years managing editorial operation of a consumer brand or social media platform
• Strong business acumen; creative thinker with project management skills and attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple agencies & internal stakeholders
• A customer-centric mindset - you are always thinking about how our customers interact with the brand
• Ability to solve problems and develop frameworks through strategic & creative thinking
• Exceptional collaboration and relationship management with a track record of successfully operating in a matrix organisation.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Fluency in Japanese & English (written and spoken)
Experience working both on consumer Brands and Social Media platforms would be a plus, along with experience working on multiple social media platforms.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.