Uber for Business (U4B) is Uber's strategic focus on enterprise business and Uber Health and Uber Central are its two fastest growing verticals. As a Senior Frontend Software Engineer on the Uber Health and Central team, you will lead the architecting of web frontend systems that power these two products by designing reliable, scalable and extensible components that support new technologies and features which have immediate high business impact.
Uber Health's vision is to become a last mile health care logistic SaaS Platform. Since launch in 2018, we have delivered a HIPAA compliant technology solution that's helped tens of thousands of patients and caregivers get to and from care using Uber as the non-emergency medical transportation. In the next year, we want to provide a health care logistic workflow management platform and offer an aggregated multi-service health care marketplace.
Uber Central's vision is to help businesses keep their customers and guests moving with powerful features in one dashboard. Moreover, we have built a HIPAA compliant Delegate Booking Platform supporting various delegate booking use cases. In the next year, we will expand central's offerings to meet enterprises where they are and continue to evolve the delegate booking platform.
We are a tight knit group of hardworking and innovative engineers, designers, data scientists, product managers, and account managers. We pride ourselves on our collaborative and open culture. Visit [Uber for Business ](https://www.uber.com/business/)to learn more.
What you will do
• Architect Uber Health and Uber Central's frontend systems to support growing business needs.
• Help teams with defining north star, vision and roadmap. Influence and impact an outstanding customer experience in your group and contribute to overall customer experience in your area.
• Lead efforts that deliver substantial results across engineering, product, design and data science. Work in collaboration with other specialists, product managers, designers, and operations to provide fabulous experiences to our customers
• Go-to person to lead an end to end product development cycle. Get clarity of problem statements from designers and product managers, break projects into meaningful tasks, and deliver the project with metrics and data with fellow engineers.
• Provide leadership in designing, implementing, testing and rolling out the next generations of the flagship Uber Health and Uber Central systems. Build frameworks and abstractions that are reliable, reusable and avoid surprising outcomes.
• Understand the business and identify problems, inefficiencies or opportunities for meaningful improvements. Drive alignment on how to seek these and deliver high leverage solutions on these at the group and organization level.
• Be a humble mentor and trusted advisor for both our hardworking team members and passionate leaders alike. Deal with a difference in opinions in a mature and fair way, helping teams to commit and move forward.
• 10+ years relevant engineering experience in successfully designing and building reusable and scalable web systems addressing real world ambitious problems.
• Proven experience shipping high-quality product features on schedule along with a high level of engineering excellence (e.g., code reviews, documentation, unit and integration testing).
• Proven track record of technically leading and mentoring engineering teams while delivering high impact projects and inspiring junior engineers to grow.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write detailed technical documents.
• BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
• Hands-on experience on development of [HIPAA](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) compliant systems.
• Experience leading engineers to tackle ambitious problems
• Consistent record of developing strong junior engineers into senior engineers, operating and leading their own initiatives with cross team scope and high impact.
• Contributed to the broader technical community through tech talks, publications, open source projects or other ways.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).