About the Role
You will be leading the Strategic Initiatives Pod within the Strategy and Planning team. You and your team will be responsible for:
• Owning some of our most strategic and cross functional strategic projects across Canada - your team will also be the lead for developing innovative initiatives across our business impacting both top and bottom line
• Developing & executing a cohesive growth strategy across several strategic initiatives e.g. Pickup, Restaurant Alcohol, Online Ordering etc
• Delivering on Strategic Initiatives OKRs for Eats Canada
• Execute on strategic projects identified by Canada and Global Leadership - past projects have included changing our business model in Canada by working with stakeholders across the business
• Managing relationships with cross-functional stakeholders, including Regional Operations, Product, Finance & International teams
What You Will Do
• Team Management: Set vision, develop strategy, and manage, develop & coach a team of Operations Managers
• Ownership: We expect you to own the strategic initiatives under you taking care of all aspects of their strategy and execution, such as launch/growth plans, processes, project management, P&L/performance management, relationship with cross-functional teams, and more.
• Growth: Growing new fulfillment methods requires a lot of dedication and an entrepreneur mentality. You will work closely across the org to build and launch expansion plans, manage communications, supervise performance, do troubleshooting and improve processes
• Project and stakeholder management: Collaborate with Product, Regional Ops, S&P, Finance, Eats Canada Leadership & other stakeholders in order to reach the business goal for your initiatives
• Delivery: Own team/function outcomes, ensure delivery on KPIs, develop and manage relationships with relevant cross-functional stakeholders
• 5+ years of experience managing projects and/or teams related to Strategy and/or Growth
• Track record of delivering results in cross-functional, high-growth, and fast-paced environments
• Strong bias for action and comfort with ambiguity
• Bachelor's degree
• Technical Skills: Exceptional Excel / data management skills
• People management experience preferred, but not required
• MBA or Masters degree an asset, but not required
• SQL proficiency strongly preferred
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.