About the Role
The Senior Strategy & Planning Associate partners with business leaders to provide strategic, operational and analytical support. We're looking for someone who can set a vision and tackle problems from 30,000 feet as well as dive deep into the details. Working across different functions and geographies will mean you will have considerable visibility of business operations and opportunities to drive meaningful business outcomes.
As a member of Uber's India & South Asia Strategy & Planning Team, you will help drive the strategic decision-making processes throughout the region through your analytical and operational approach. The right person for this role should have deep analytical skills, deep understanding of financial planning, excellent time-management and organisational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
What You'll Do:
• Work closely with Strategy & Planning Lead and RGM to develop overall financial and operational strategy
• Thought Leadership: Working with the leadership team across IndiaSA to set strategic priorities, align regional and company vision, and share benchmark practices
• Run the financial and operational governance to assist data focused decision-making in areas of growth, profitability, supply, demand and portfolio allocation. Ensure clear and transparent budget ownership and execution responsibility between city and central teams
• Special Projects: You will be the go-to person for many key initiatives and new projects at IndiaSA level e.g. evaluating new businesses, markets and opportunities, launching new products etc.
• Governance and Analytics: Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to track performance to plan. Actively support all strategy planning and analytical activity for senior management. Write queries and perform ad hoc data analysis to keep the nerve center of our operations engine running at full speed.
• Nurture Relationships: Collaborate with other functional areas within Uber (Business Development, People Operations, Product, Legal, Finance etc.) to ensure efficient and productive working relationships. Work with external field specialist to identify future growth opportunities and improvement areas
What You'll need:
• Problem Solving: Effectively resolving issues that involve people, things, and processes by using logic and common sense. Identifying the root cause of a problem as opposed to focusing on the symptoms. Outstanding excel/data management skills and general financial acumen.
• Financial analytics: Strong expertise in FP&A and Corporate Finance
• Communication: You are a clear and concise communicator who can synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key takeaways, and disseminate meaningful insights.
• Teamwork: Demonstrates optimism, respects others and works well in a team
• Partner Management: Engaging, advising, and gaining the support of various partners. Taking time to build helpful relationships; earning the trust of others within the organization through strong situational awareness and reliability.
• Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and address something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
• Minimum 4 years of strategy consulting / investment banking or related experience
• Bonus: SQL Proficient - which is highly preferred
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.