|Category||Finance & Accounting|
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Accounting team builds scalable, controlled processes and products for Global Accounting, Treasury, and FinTech that enable our business to operate efficiently.
About the Role
We are looking to hire an Accounting Manager on the Global Projects Team focused on leading and running all organization-wide data governance activities and process improvements. You will get the opportunity to work on a multitude of projects and build improvements to optimize processes in a multifaceted environment. This person will act as a cross-functional business partner to implement automation and create improvements to optimize the month-end close. You will work in a multifaceted environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
What You'll Do
• Create policies and procedures related to global controls to ensure conformance to all requirements
• Analyze monthly variances across GL accounts and investigate discrepancies
• Collaborate with Global Business Service (third party service provider) team to automate and streamline processes and review work product
• Partner closely with financials statement line item owners and business partners from various departments
• Lead process improvement and automation initiatives
• Implement special projects and complete other ad hoc assignments as required
• Ensure the use of global systems and processes. Partner with process owners to provide training, support, and documentation to relevant teams
• Enhance existing processes and internal controls, perform and maintain assigned internal controls
• Support external audit activities and ongoing internal audits
• Minimum 4 years of professional experience
• General ledger accounting knowledge
• Prior Big 4 audit experience and/or CPA
• High attention to detail, critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills, combined with a good business judgment
• Experience with large-scale accounting systems (Oracle preferred)
• Team player, self-starter, with ability to lead multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Experience reviewing work of others, including outsourced service providers
• Strong understanding of GAAP and public company audit requirements
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills (V-Lookups, Pivot Tables, etc.)
• An ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience
• A demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex challenges
• • Solid organizational skills along with an interest in information technology.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).