As a Web Frontend engineer at Uber, you'll create and maintain experiences across some of our 500+ web frontend properties, including marketing pages and signup flows, applications for our millions of riders, drivers and eaters, and our internal business and operations tools that manage our products and logistics worldwide. You'll have the opportunity to impact our core ridesharing business, as well as emerging products like UberEATS, Uber Freight, mapping and self-driving cars.
About the Role
The Insurance Engineering team builds and maintains critical services and tools for Uber's Insurance needs. The team is responsible for processing millions of dollars worth of claims every year. We also focus on automating and optimizing insurance claims processing and saving millions, which directly impact Uber's bottom line. We are a high impact team that is critical for Uber's day to day operations. We also have a pipeline of innovative products and tech that will take us to the next level and be one of the leaders in the InsureTech space.
What You'll Do
• You will work closely with stakeholders to understand business requirements and build cross-functional solutions that impact all Insurance related business needs. Closely work with product, designer and backend engineers in building full stack products such as web tools for Insurance operations team to handle incident claims and admin tools to manage policies. You would leverage a variety of UI frameworks to implement mobile workflows around insurance claim submission and processing for drivers and riders.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field OR 1-year full-time Software Engineering work experience, WHICH INCLUDES 1-year total technical software engineering experience in one or more of the following areas:
• You are familiar with principles of good user experience.
• You stay up to date with the latest architectural trends and have experience building systems for scale.
• Note the 1-year total of specialized software engineering experience may have been gained through education and full-time work experience, additional training, coursework, research, or similar (OR some combination of these). The year of specialized experience is not necessarily in addition to the years of Education & full-time work experience indicated.
• Strong CS fundamentals.
• Extensive software design and development skills. Ability to learn, and adapt to new technologies and contribute in a productive environment.
• Experience working in an agile engineering environment.
• Knowledge of a backend stack, including technologies like Golang, Java, Node.js, and how they interface with Redis, Kafka, or similar
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).