The Eats for Business (E4B) team in Palo Alto builds core features for the UberEats web and mobile app for business eaters. This role is responsible for building web features that improve the business eater experience in the UberEats Web and Uber for Business Admin Portal/Tools and grow the top of the funnel of business eaters.
E4B is a tight knit group of passionate and talented engineers, designers, data scientists, product managers, and account managers. We pride ourselves on our collaborative and open culture.
As a Senior Frontend Software Engineer in E4B, you will collaborate with a larger team of engineers to drive front-end development standards and work continually to enhance customer-facing features on Eats web and uber for business. You'll have the unique opportunity to apply technology to solve Uber's challenges in the business world as well as have a measurable impact on the user experience of our Uber applications from web to backend.
What the Candidate Will Do
• Build exciting business eater features using technologies such as React, Redux that powers the frontend of Uber Eats web and Uber for Business.
• Work on Uber's most complex web applications by designing, implementing, and unit testing the frontend application code.
• Help teams with defining an architecture that would scale and also encourage best practices. Provide technical leadership to more junior engineers on your team.
• Get clarity of problem statements from designers and product managers, break projects into substantial tasks, and deliver the project with metrics and data with fellow engineers.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• Experience working with react or node.js applications
• Experience with unit and integration testing
• Good written, verbal communication skills
• Great team player
• Demonstrated experience shipping high-quality product features on schedule
• Knowledge of a backend stack, including technologies like Golang, Java, Node.js, and how they interface with Redis, Kafka, or similar
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).